In keeping with the popular Polish tradition of eating paczki (pronounced paunch-key) or fruit-filled donuts before the start of Lent, the Polish Center of Wisconsin will host a Paczki Day celebration on March 8, 2011. Visitors to the Polish Center can enjoy a paczek and cup of coffee for $3.00 anytime between 7:00- 11:30 a.m.
Raspberry and prune paczki, as well as mixed boxes of six each, are available for sale by the dozen at a cost of $10.00. Boxes of three-dozen raspberry or prune paczki are also available for $30 each. Delivery is available within Milwaukee County at a cost of $5.00 per address. Cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard are all accepted. All orders for boxes of paczki must be placed by Monday, February 28.
Paczki can be picked up on Tuesday, March 8, 2011, at the Polish Center of Wisconsin at 6941 South 68th Street in Franklin, located between Rawson Avenue and Loomis Road, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For more information or to place an order please call (414) 529-2140, or download an order form at www.polishcenterofwisconsin.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- You're Invited!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season