In keeping with the popular Polish tradition of eating paczki (pronounced paunch-key) or fruit-filled donuts before the start of Lent, the Polish Center of Wisconsin will host a Paczki Day celebration on March 8, 2011. Visitors to the Polish Center can enjoy a paczek and cup of coffee for $3.00 anytime between 7:00- 11:30 a.m.
Raspberry and prune paczki, as well as mixed boxes of six each, are available for sale by the dozen at a cost of $10.00. Boxes of three-dozen raspberry or prune paczki are also available for $30 each. Delivery is available within Milwaukee County at a cost of $5.00 per address. Cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard are all accepted. All orders for boxes of paczki must be placed by Monday, February 28.
Paczki can be picked up on Tuesday, March 8, 2011, at the Polish Center of Wisconsin at 6941 South 68th Street in Franklin, located between Rawson Avenue and Loomis Road, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For more information or to place an order please call (414) 529-2140, or download an order form at www.polishcenterofwisconsin.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Twist on Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch