In keeping with the popular Polish tradition of eating paczki (pronounced paunch-key) or fruit-filled donuts before the start of Lent, the Polish Center of Wisconsin will host a Paczki Day celebration on March 8, 2011. Visitors to the Polish Center can enjoy a paczek and cup of coffee for $3.00 anytime between 7:00- 11:30 a.m.
Raspberry and prune paczki, as well as mixed boxes of six each, are available for sale by the dozen at a cost of $10.00. Boxes of three-dozen raspberry or prune paczki are also available for $30 each. Delivery is available within Milwaukee County at a cost of $5.00 per address. Cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard are all accepted. All orders for boxes of paczki must be placed by Monday, February 28.
Paczki can be picked up on Tuesday, March 8, 2011, at the Polish Center of Wisconsin at 6941 South 68th Street in Franklin, located between Rawson Avenue and Loomis Road, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For more information or to place an order please call (414) 529-2140, or download an order form at www.polishcenterofwisconsin.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- Franklin student joins clean water effort in Nicaragua
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health