Send a Valentine to a Hero Overseas
The message is a simple one, “Thank you so much for what you do, and we always need you.” That is just one of the many sweet messages from the heart of a child to a soldier overseas in a project called OPERATION VALENTINE.
Max A. Sass and Sons Funeral Home is one of nearly 1000 Veterans & Family Memorial Care providers nationwide who sponsor VFMC’s annual Operation Valentine. The project is simple and meaningful, according to Mike Kremski. “Students and individual throughout the community write messages to the troops on Valentine Cards, Cut-Out Hearts, or whatever they like and we make sure that they are delivered to our brave men and women serving overseas.”
Cards cannot include glitter, food or candy, but there are still many ways to personalize a handmade card. Write a message on them and say “Thank You”, tell them about yourself and wish them a Happy Valentines Day! Our troops are away from their loved ones and friends so they really want to know that people back home appreciate them. “Care packages are one thing, but this is a real morale boost”, said Mike Kremski.
Valentine cards may be dropped off from January 10th thru 14th between 9am and 4pm at
Max A. Sass and Sons
Oklahoma Ave. Chapel
1515 W. Oklahoma Ave.
4747 S 60th Street
Mission Hills Chapel
8910 W. Drexel Ave.
W173 S7629 Westwood Dr.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Franklin Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25