Send a Valentine to a Hero Overseas
The message is a simple one, “Thank you so much for what you do, and we always need you.” That is just one of the many sweet messages from the heart of a child to a soldier overseas in a project called OPERATION VALENTINE.
Max A. Sass and Sons Funeral Home is one of nearly 1000 Veterans & Family Memorial Care providers nationwide who sponsor VFMC’s annual Operation Valentine. The project is simple and meaningful, according to Mike Kremski. “Students and individual throughout the community write messages to the troops on Valentine Cards, Cut-Out Hearts, or whatever they like and we make sure that they are delivered to our brave men and women serving overseas.”
Cards cannot include glitter, food or candy, but there are still many ways to personalize a handmade card. Write a message on them and say “Thank You”, tell them about yourself and wish them a Happy Valentines Day! Our troops are away from their loved ones and friends so they really want to know that people back home appreciate them. “Care packages are one thing, but this is a real morale boost”, said Mike Kremski.
Valentine cards may be dropped off from January 10th thru 14th between 9am and 4pm at
Max A. Sass and Sons
Oklahoma Ave. Chapel
1515 W. Oklahoma Ave.
4747 S 60th Street
Mission Hills Chapel
8910 W. Drexel Ave.
W173 S7629 Westwood Dr.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee’s Franciscan Villa to be Renamed CHI Franciscan Villa
- St. Joe's FunFest
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Teen Lock-in
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- Fall into Free Fun!
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center