Sabers finish 7th against the best (www.wisconsinrunner.com results)
The girls finished 7th of 18 teams today at the Racine Case Eagle Invite. Both JV and V teams were 7th, thanks to many great races after a hard work week! Michelle Fedran and Cassie Hardy lead the JV girls with two big races, both being in the top 30 of over 300 girls in the race. Emily Zeman was the 3rd saber to finish, followed by Abby Schreiter and another Personal Best by Captain Katie Dobbs!
The freshman helped the Varsity girls to beat Muskego and Shorewood, both top area ranked teams. The girls beat all of the conference teams in the race also! The teams who beat the sabers, are considered the top teams in the state in the weekly coach’s rankings, including Muskego who was ranked 10th last week. (Arrowhead is ranked 3rd in the state, Brookfield Central 5th, Waukesha West 11th, Brookfield East 16th)
Allie Fons broke the school record today as she took second (barely) to the fastest division 1 girl in the state. Her time is the 3rd fastest time in the course history since 2004. Our other two freshmen both had big races as well, Monica Sweet and Katie Carlino both attributed to the great performance with big races. Jenny Eickhorst had a great race, her best ever in fact and beat out many great runners in the state. Her time is a top 25 performance for D1 sophomores in the state. Hannah Timm is back where she was last year at this time, more confident than ever and most importantly healthy, her leadership is showing at the most competitive races of the season. After a very tough Roy Griak 5k last weekend, our Varsity team looks REALLY strong going into 2 weeks of training to gear up for the Conference race at Lake Denoon Middle School in Muskego on Saturday, Oct 16th. T
Records. Records. And more.
It was bound to happen; these ladies all working so hard, records are being broken. Allie Fons is officially our school record holder, breaking sister Lindsay’s school record by 32 seconds. Monica Sweet is the 6th fastest freshman in school history. Katie Carlino moves up to the 12th fastest freshman in school history. Jenny Eickhorst is official the fastest sophomore girl ever in school history after her outstanding race. Katelyn Salzburger is 15th and Emma Klein and Michelle Fedran are close to breaking the list. Hannah Timm is now the 6th fastest Junior in school history as well.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- Celebrating 10 Years Of Girls Fastpitch
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin