The GFWC-Root River Junior Woman’s Club (formerly Franklin Area Junior Woman’s Club) will be holding its first meeting for the 2010-2011 club year on Tuesday, September 21st. The Root River Juniors (RRJWC) services the communities of Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek. RRJWC was chartered in 1998 by the General Federation of Women’s Club (GFWC). GFWC is the largest and oldest women’s volunteer service organization in the world. It was founded in 1890 and chartered by the United States Congress in 1901.
RRJWC meets every third Tuesday of the month, September through May, from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Southwood Glen Elementary School in the Mezzanine area of the library. Some of the community service projects that we sponsor are scholarships for high school students; a middle school art contest; planting of a liberty garden at the Franklin Fire Department and redecorating rooms at a women’s shelter, RRJWC will be hosting its 8th annual Corks for Kids Wine Tasting Event in February 2011.
New members are always welcome at any of the monthly meetings. If you are interested in learning more about RRJWC, please visit our website: http://www.rootriverjwc.org/ or email us at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- 12th Annual FPS Jazz Cabaret on March 8th
- RED OUT Report Fundraising Efforts a Great Sucess
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Searching for a great preschool?
- HamBingo Wednesday February 26