The GFWC-Root River Junior Woman’s Club (formerly Franklin Area Junior Woman’s Club) will be holding its first meeting for the 2010-2011 club year on Tuesday, September 21st. The Root River Juniors (RRJWC) services the communities of Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek. RRJWC was chartered in 1998 by the General Federation of Women’s Club (GFWC). GFWC is the largest and oldest women’s volunteer service organization in the world. It was founded in 1890 and chartered by the United States Congress in 1901.
RRJWC meets every third Tuesday of the month, September through May, from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Southwood Glen Elementary School in the Mezzanine area of the library. Some of the community service projects that we sponsor are scholarships for high school students; a middle school art contest; planting of a liberty garden at the Franklin Fire Department and redecorating rooms at a women’s shelter, RRJWC will be hosting its 8th annual Corks for Kids Wine Tasting Event in February 2011.
New members are always welcome at any of the monthly meetings. If you are interested in learning more about RRJWC, please visit our website: http://www.rootriverjwc.org/ or email us at email@example.com.
- Playground at Malone Thanks All Who Helped
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- Meet Brewer great Bill Schroeder at Point After Pub & Grille!
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- UPDATE: Franklin school referendum is inevitable