The GFWC-Root River Junior Woman’s Club (formerly Franklin Area Junior Woman’s Club) will be holding its first meeting for the 2010-2011 club year on Tuesday, September 21st. The Root River Juniors (RRJWC) services the communities of Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek. RRJWC was chartered in 1998 by the General Federation of Women’s Club (GFWC). GFWC is the largest and oldest women’s volunteer service organization in the world. It was founded in 1890 and chartered by the United States Congress in 1901.
RRJWC meets every third Tuesday of the month, September through May, from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Southwood Glen Elementary School in the Mezzanine area of the library. Some of the community service projects that we sponsor are scholarships for high school students; a middle school art contest; planting of a liberty garden at the Franklin Fire Department and redecorating rooms at a women’s shelter, RRJWC will be hosting its 8th annual Corks for Kids Wine Tasting Event in February 2011.
New members are always welcome at any of the monthly meetings. If you are interested in learning more about RRJWC, please visit our website: http://www.rootriverjwc.org/ or email us at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- Peak Performance Volleyball Camp for 3rd - 8th Grade Girls
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th