The GFWC-Root River Junior Woman’s Club (formerly Franklin Area Junior Woman’s Club) will be holding its first meeting for the 2010-2011 club year on Tuesday, September 21st. The Root River Juniors (RRJWC) services the communities of Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek. RRJWC was chartered in 1998 by the General Federation of Women’s Club (GFWC). GFWC is the largest and oldest women’s volunteer service organization in the world. It was founded in 1890 and chartered by the United States Congress in 1901.
RRJWC meets every third Tuesday of the month, September through May, from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Southwood Glen Elementary School in the Mezzanine area of the library. Some of the community service projects that we sponsor are scholarships for high school students; a middle school art contest; planting of a liberty garden at the Franklin Fire Department and redecorating rooms at a women’s shelter, RRJWC will be hosting its 8th annual Corks for Kids Wine Tasting Event in February 2011.
New members are always welcome at any of the monthly meetings. If you are interested in learning more about RRJWC, please visit our website: http://www.rootriverjwc.org/ or email us at email@example.com.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Croatian Eagles Team Wins Interational Tournament
- Support Law Enforcement Families on July 27 at the Point After!
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- British Invasion 64 and Close Enuf Free Concert !