Families that are concerned about paying for college are invited to a free Scholarships 101 Workshop with scholarship expert and author Kim Stezala, The Scholarship Lady, and college funding specialist, Brad Baldridge, from Baldridge College Solutions.
The workshop is available to college bound students and their families on three dates:
• Tuesday, August 17, at Franklin High School, in Franklin, Wis., from 7-8:30 pm
• Thursday, August 19, at the Excellence Center, in Wauwatosa, Wis., from 7-8:30 pm
• Tuesday, August 24, NEW SITE TBD (was at Nicolet HS) , in Milwaukee, Wis., from 7-8:30 pm
Attendees will gain knowledge on approaching the scholarship process like a pro, the six most common mistakes and how to avoid them, how to attend a private school for the cost of a public school, what juniors and seniors should do to get ahead of the game, and much more!
There are limited spaces available, so families should register TODAY by calling 414-529-9400 or visiting www.Milwaukee-Scholarships.com.
Baldridge College Solutions has been working with families of college students in the Milwaukee, Wis. area since 1999. It has hosted workshops on affordable strategies to pay for college, financial aid and tax benefits, and how to pay the least amount of money for a college education. Brad Baldridge, the founder of Baldridge College Solutions, is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
Ms. Stezala is a Milwaukee resident with a long career in helping students and families achieve their educational goals. She is currently a consultant to youth programs, community organizations, scholarship providers and other nonprofit organizations. She is also the author of Scholarships 101: The Real-World Guide to Getting Cash for College and founder of www.scholarshipstreet.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day Program
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Things to do
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Local Brownie Troop Raises Money for Helping Hands Food Pantry
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament