The 2013 season is beginning well for the Whitnall boys soccer team.
The Falcons won the Cudahy Classic Tournament on Saturday and easily took their season opener Aug. 29, routing Monona Grove, 9-2.
At Cudahy, Whitnall won its pool with 11 points, tying Waukesha North but prevailing on a tiebreaker.
The Falcons then took on Cudahy/St. Francis in the championship game and played to a 1-1 tie. The game went to a shootout to determine a winner and Whitnall took that by a 3-1 count.
Ironically, Whitnall began its Woodland Conference schedule against the same Cudahy squad Wednesday.
The Falcons received four goals apiece from Petar Miskov and Cade Dombrowski in the victory over Monona Grove on Aug. 29.
Whitnall was up only 3-2 at the half on two scores from Dombrowski and one by Miskov.
Dombrowski, Joe Schauer and Miskov all tallied to make it 6-2 and the Falcons coasted after that.
Bryan Domitrz, Austin Valiatis, Patrick Schinner, Miskov and Schauer all added assists, with Schauer collecting three of them.
Goalkeeper Max Schwarz made two saves for the contest.
Dombrowski, Miskov and Schauer are all among the veterans from last year's 7-10 squad.
The Falcons welcome Shorewood on Monday and Greendale on Wednesday, both at 4:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 3, 2015
- Franklin earns bragging rights over Greendale in area showdown
- Football: Franklin football team emphatic in 37-0 rout of area rival Greendale
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Football: Franklin shows its special qualities
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Franklin Sabers
- Franklin girls golf team motivated, experienced
- Fortman's iron-man pitching boosts Franklin to state runner-up spot
- Team chemistry, cohesiveness help Franklin baseball team in season turnaround