Whitnall girls track and field team wins Cedarburg Invite
Hurst, Bickerstaff bring home crowns in individual events
Kim Hurst and Jasmine Bickerstaff won individual events to lead the Whitnall girls track and field team in the Cedarburg Invitational on March 25.
Hurst won the 800-meter run in 2 minutes, 38.8 seconds, while Bickerstaff captured the 55 hurdles at 10.03 seconds.
Bickerstaff enjoyed a solid all-around meet as she also took second in the 55 dash (8.2) and third in the long jump (15 feet, 21/2inches).
Her 24 points helped the Falcons tally 54 points for fifth place in the event, which was won by Divine Savior Holy Angels at 137 points.
Hurst also captured third place in the high jump (4-8), while Jasmine Van Tine was fourth in the 3,200 run (13:03).
Kristine Kasper tied for fifth in the pole vault (6-6) and tied for sixth in the 400 dash (1:17.11).
Michelle Koklas finished seventh in the 200 dash (31.86) and Taya Fleischman came in eighth in the shot put (25-1/2).
The Falcons will compete in the Woodland Conference East Division Indoor Meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday at Brown Deer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin girls battle through adversity to an 18-7 record
- Franklin boys track team opens up with invite win
- Taste of defeat Taste of
- Franklin boys basketball team reflects on struggles in 4-19 season
- Franklin and Oak Creek send six football players to college
- Oak Creek girls basketball team grinds out sectional victory over Franklin
- Girls basketball: Oak Creek girls basketball team edges Franklin in sectional semifinal
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- Graverson returns as Franklin girls basketball team wins regional
- Girls basketball: Franklin girls' defense sparks rout over West Allis Central