Whitnall boys basketball team sweeps two Woodland foes
Falcons tip Hawks, roll past Packers
Nate Schaefer continued his brilliant start to the 2013-14 boys basketball season with two more games of 20-plus points as Whitnall won two Woodland Conference contests last week.
Schaefer poured in 28 points, hitting 18 of 21 from the free throw line, to lead the Falcons to a 63-50 victory over Cudahy on Friday night.
Whitnall clung to a 21-15 halftime advantage, then outscored the Packers 20-11 in the third period to go up 41-26.
Chris Kelnhofer put in 16 points and Tre Borland nine points for the Falcons, who improved to 2-2 in the Woodland Conference East Division and 3-3 overall.
Schaefer tallied 21 points on Dec. 3 as the Falcons nipped Greenfield 44-42. Mitch Brault added 13 points for Whitnall, which tried to take control with a 13-4 first-quarter lead, only to see the Hustlin' Hawks battle back.
Whitnall met Shorewood on Tuesday and will welcome Pius XI at 7:30 p.m. next Tuesday as Woodland play continues.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin lacrosse club growing stronger by the day
- Sports Shorts: April 24
- Whitnall's Stevan Miskov reaches state soccer Hall of Fame
- Franklin girls track and field team finishes third at Mukwonago Club Relays
- Oak Creek boys track and field team second at Mukwonago Club Relays
- Franklin girls third, Oak Creek fourth at Mukwonago track meet
- Oak Creek boys second, Franklin fifth at Mukwonago track meet
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 10