Franklin - The annual DJ's Court Tourney, a three-on-three basketball tournament honoring former Franklin High School star Christine Rathke, will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the high school.
The event, which was dedicated to Rathke in 2003, raises money for the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Since 2003, the tournament has raised about $10,882 from team fees and donations.
The tournament is open to male and female players of all skill levels ages 16 and up. Participants form teams of three or four players or can sign up for a free agent pool, which pairs players without teams.
The tournament began in the summer of 2000 in a Franklin driveway and has developed into a charity event to honor Rathke, who was killed in a car crash on Feb. 16, 2003.
For more information, contact DJ Slater at (414) 416-2176 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Franklin boys tennis team surprises everyone in winning Southeast Conference title
- Senior-dominated Franklin golfers show class in winning Southeast title
- Depth-strewn Franklin girls track team rolls to Southeast outdoor title
- SportsShorts: May 16
- Mentkowski second in dash for Whitnall
- Heller, Jankowski claim Woodland Conference track titles
- Franklin softball team ran win streak to 11 before falling to New Berlin West
- Motivated Franklin runners finish regular season on high note
- OUR TAKE
- Oak Creek boys track and field team use balance to take Southeast Relays title