Elroy Perkin, a Whitnall graduate and UW-Whitewater junior, won the 149-pound title at the East Coast tournament in Providence, R.I. He posted a 17-2 technical fall and a 12-2 major decision. Perkin (20-7) is in the "contender" category of the D3wrestle.com ratings.
Season wins for the Oak Creek boys basketball team, matching their 2011-12 total with seven games still to go
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Whitnall wrestlers Anthony Senthavisouk, Nick Monty and Zach Barnhart all went 5-0 at the Zelinski Memorial Duals on Saturday. They combined for five pins on the day.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall falls to Tech in regional
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Co-op gymnasts aim for fourth state title
- Boys basketball: Whitnall squeaks past South Milwaukee
- Whitnall's Bell dives for third
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling tournament
- Beck medals in state diving again as Franklin tankers take 17th
- Xiong leads three state wrestling qualifiers for Franklin
- Dominance leads to league title for co-op gymnasts
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 20