Elroy Perkin, a Whitnall graduate and UW-Whitewater junior, won the 149-pound title at the East Coast tournament in Providence, R.I. He posted a 17-2 technical fall and a 12-2 major decision. Perkin (20-7) is in the "contender" category of the D3wrestle.com ratings.
Season wins for the Oak Creek boys basketball team, matching their 2011-12 total with seven games still to go
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Whitnall wrestlers Anthony Senthavisouk, Nick Monty and Zach Barnhart all went 5-0 at the Zelinski Memorial Duals on Saturday. They combined for five pins on the day.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin lacrosse club growing stronger by the day
- Sports Shorts: April 24
- Whitnall's Stevan Miskov reaches state soccer Hall of Fame
- Franklin girls track and field team finishes third at Mukwonago Club Relays
- Oak Creek boys track and field team second at Mukwonago Club Relays
- Franklin girls third, Oak Creek fourth at Mukwonago track meet
- Oak Creek boys second, Franklin fifth at Mukwonago track meet
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 10