Kenosha Bradford will be the place to be Saturday for fans of Southeast Conference athletics; the league swim meet will start at 9:30 a.m. for diving and 2 p.m. for swimming. Meanwhile, the league wrestling tournament also will be held there, starting at 9:30 a.m. Oak Creek and Franklin teams will take part in both events.
Greendale wrestlers who won both matches in a double-dual against Cudahy and Pius XI on Jan. 23.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The Oak Creek girls basketball team is banging down the door of success. The Knights all but clinched a Southeast Conference title with a rally against host and archrival Franklin on Friday and have moved all the way up to second behind DePere in current state polls. They have lost in the last three WIAA sectional playoffs and are looking for their first state berth since 2008 and their fifth overall.
- Steven L. Tietz and John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall falls to Tech in regional
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Co-op gymnasts aim for fourth state title
- Boys basketball: Whitnall squeaks past South Milwaukee
- Whitnall's Bell dives for third
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling tournament
- Beck medals in state diving again as Franklin tankers take 17th
- Xiong leads three state wrestling qualifiers for Franklin
- Dominance leads to league title for co-op gymnasts
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 20