Kenosha Bradford will be the place to be Saturday for fans of Southeast Conference athletics; the league swim meet will start at 9:30 a.m. for diving and 2 p.m. for swimming. Meanwhile, the league wrestling tournament also will be held there, starting at 9:30 a.m. Oak Creek and Franklin teams will take part in both events.
Greendale wrestlers who won both matches in a double-dual against Cudahy and Pius XI on Jan. 23.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The Oak Creek girls basketball team is banging down the door of success. The Knights all but clinched a Southeast Conference title with a rally against host and archrival Franklin on Friday and have moved all the way up to second behind DePere in current state polls. They have lost in the last three WIAA sectional playoffs and are looking for their first state berth since 2008 and their fifth overall.
- Steven L. Tietz and John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek, Greendale prevail in WIAA sectional semifinal contests
- Oak Creek baseball team rallies to top Panthers in sectional final
- Baseball: Ty Ramirez, Zack Henderson combine on no-hitter in regional contest
- Franklin baseball team works out frustrations against Tosa East
- Franklin baseball team still searching for some consistent hitting
- Sustachek's gem among the top, big-moment pitching efforts
- Punchless offense keeps Franklin baseball team struggling
- Franklin baseball team continuing to search for answers to struggles
- Turchin's grand slam lifts Oak Creek baseball team past Franklin, 6-2
- Franklin baseball team still searching for some consistency in 2014