Franklin - The Milwaukee Angels U-10 baseball team won the American Armature Youth Baseball Alliance World Series, a tourney welcoming 90 teams to St. Louis, Mo.
The Angels trailed a team from St. Louis, 9-1, but rallied for 10 runs in the fifth and scored twice more in the sixth and seventh for a 15-14 victory. The Angels went 5-1 overall, defeating teams from Texas, Missouri, Arkansas and Kansas.
The U-9 and U-10 teams won the Wisconsin USSA Tournament in June to qualify. The U-10 team has now won consecutive state championships.
Members of the team include Teddy Marion of Franklin, Cameron Wiczek of Greenfield, Mason Klafka of Greenfield, Brandin Podziemski of Greenfield, Gunnar Doyle of Oak Creek, Eric Erato of Sussex, A.J. Vukovich of Mukwonago, Mason Wendt of Whitefish Bay, Riley Palmquist of Burlington, Issiah Butler of Oak Creek, Lukas Broske of West Bend and coaches Keith Wiczek, John Podziemski, Peter Klafka, Kevin Marion and Brent Palmquist.
For more on the program, visit milwaukeeangels.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Franklin girls basketball team has talent, looks for depth
- Greendale, Whitnall football teams earn Woodland Conference division championships
- Lessons learned: Franklin ready for Arrowhead
- Franklin football team passes major test
- Sharing success: Franklin relays head to state swimming meet
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 12, 2015
- Football: Franklin football team makes statement with rout of Muskego, 42-15
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 5, 2015
- Franklin football team gets pushed but prevails, 34-12