Franklin - The Milwaukee Angels U-10 baseball team won the American Armature Youth Baseball Alliance World Series, a tourney welcoming 90 teams to St. Louis, Mo.
The Angels trailed a team from St. Louis, 9-1, but rallied for 10 runs in the fifth and scored twice more in the sixth and seventh for a 15-14 victory. The Angels went 5-1 overall, defeating teams from Texas, Missouri, Arkansas and Kansas.
The U-9 and U-10 teams won the Wisconsin USSA Tournament in June to qualify. The U-10 team has now won consecutive state championships.
Members of the team include Teddy Marion of Franklin, Cameron Wiczek of Greenfield, Mason Klafka of Greenfield, Brandin Podziemski of Greenfield, Gunnar Doyle of Oak Creek, Eric Erato of Sussex, A.J. Vukovich of Mukwonago, Mason Wendt of Whitefish Bay, Riley Palmquist of Burlington, Issiah Butler of Oak Creek, Lukas Broske of West Bend and coaches Keith Wiczek, John Podziemski, Peter Klafka, Kevin Marion and Brent Palmquist.
For more on the program, visit milwaukeeangels.org.
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- New Franklin track christened with Saber invite wins
- Franklin, Oak Creek, Greendale and Whitnall Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Oak Creek's big bats overpower Franklin softball team, 14-6 (3)
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Iraci's sprint win leads Franklin boys track team to second in TFA
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Sports Shorts: April 7, 2016