Whitnall boys track team surges to third place in Woodland Relays
Falcons girls come in sixth
Runner-up finishes helped the Whitnall boys track and field team come in third in the Woodland Conference Relays on May 6 at Pewaukee High School.
The Falcons collected five second places en route to 70 points, trailing only Pewaukee's 85 points and South Milwaukee's 81 points in the 13-team meet.
Whitnall claimed second in the 4x400 relay at 3 minutes, 32.09 seconds, the 4x200 sprint medley in 1:41.09, the distance medley with 10:55.48, the pole vault with Nate Dellevar, Anthony Senthavisouk and Austin Marshall; and the discus with Nick Crivello, Ethan Harycki and Nick Oboyle.
The Whitnall girls team notched the school's lone first place as Jasmine Bickerstaff, Michelle Koklas and Sam Benzinger claimed the 300-meter hurdles. Bickerstaff posted the best individual time with 51.94 seconds.
Taking third for the boys were the 4x100 team (45.29) and the shot put group of Crivello, Jovan Radisavcevic and Harycki.
The boys 4x200 unit captured fourth (1:35.56), and the girls received fourth places from the 4x1,600 squad (24:59.02), the high jump group of Kim Hurst, Neve Kronhelm and Jenna Jones; and the pole vault squad of Alex Radant, Kristine Kasper and Lani Cieszynski.
Snaring fifth for the boys were the 4x1,600 relay (20:40.89) and the long jump team of Keanu Austin, Cysco Rodriguez and Mike Grim.
For the girls, fifths were earned by the 4x400 unit (4:30.64), the 4x800 squad (11:22.17) and the long jump corps of Bickerstaff, Sam Benzinger and Keishla Ramos.
The girls tallied 42 points for sixth place in the meet.
Both squads will host the Woodland Conference Outdoor Meet at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 20.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin's Voge breaks state diving record, takes third in impressive field
- Franklin's Voge aims for state diving title
- Franklin volleyball season ends in thrilling sectional loss
- Football: Hilltoppers will get their shot at Kimberly
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 3
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Fooball: Franklin football team holds off furious Oak Creek rally
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 2
- SPORTS SHORTS: Oct. 30
- Football: Poll: Who will win Level 2 game: Franklin or Oak Creek?