The outdoor season got off to a competitive if cool weather-wise start for the Franklin and Oak Creek girls track teams as the Sabers took third and the Knights fourth in the 10-school Mukwonago "M" Club Relays on April 16.
Franklin scored 79 points for its spot and Oak Creek 72-1/2 as host Mukwonago won with 99-1/2.
The Sabers picked up a first from the triple jump trio of Melissa Kirchoff, Breanna Judkins, and Katrina Voge. Kirchoff had the best individual triple jump at 35 feet-five inches, while Judkins was third at 33-9.
In addition, Kirchoff had the best overall 100-meter high hurdle effort of 15.97 seconds in leading the 3x100 meter hurdle trio that included Jamie Mercado and Haley Pyan to a second place finish.
Also earning runner-up slots for the Sabers were the 4x400 relay team (4:18.68), the 1,600 sprint medley relay (4:29.87) and the high jump relay team of Nancy Vo, Voge and Montana Mack.
Both Vo and Voge cleared 4-8.
Sierra Feldimeier had the second best individual pole vault effort at 8-6 while Brittney Lincoln had the third best shot put at 36-8.
For Oak Creek, the Knights picked up firsts from the long jump team of Jenny Howski, Kayla Knuth and Jessica McIntosh, and the shot put trio of Stephanie Kostowicz, Kara Gilmeister and Amber Lane.
Kostowicz had the second best individual shot put toss with an effort of 37-4 1/2.
In addition, Kostowicz turned in a spectacular winning state honor roll effort of 131-2 in the discus to lead Lane and Gilmeister to victory in that event too.
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- New Franklin track christened with Saber invite wins
- Franklin, Oak Creek, Greendale and Whitnall Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Oak Creek's big bats overpower Franklin softball team, 14-6 (3)
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Iraci's sprint win leads Franklin boys track team to second in TFA
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Sports Shorts: April 7, 2016