Franklin earned the 2012-13 Southeast Conference All-Sports Championship Award, earning a total of 109 pts.
Franklin won seven SEC championships – Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Wrestling, Boys Golf and Girls Track - and was runner-up in four additional sports. Kenosha Tremper, last year’s All-Sports winner, finished second with 95 points and three championships, followed by Oak Creek, with 92 points and three championships. Points are accumulated based on team finishes in all sports in which each of the eight SEC schools compete.
In the inaugural SEC All-Sports Sportsmanship Award, Racine Case and Racine Horlick were co-winners of the 2012-13 award. Case and Horlick each earned six individual Team Sportsmanship awards given out during the fall, winter, and spring sport seasons. Team Sportsmanship awards are voted on by coaches for each sport at the end of the respective sport season. Teams are nominated with considerations given to overall sportsmanship of athletes, coaches, and fans.
There is a traveling trophy for each award.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 3, 2015
- Franklin earns bragging rights over Greendale in area showdown
- Football: Franklin football team emphatic in 37-0 rout of area rival Greendale
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Football: Franklin shows its special qualities
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Franklin Sabers
- Franklin girls golf team motivated, experienced
- Fortman's iron-man pitching boosts Franklin to state runner-up spot
- Team chemistry, cohesiveness help Franklin baseball team in season turnaround