Franklin earned the 2012-13 Southeast Conference All-Sports Championship Award, earning a total of 109 pts.
Franklin won seven SEC championships – Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Wrestling, Boys Golf and Girls Track - and was runner-up in four additional sports. Kenosha Tremper, last year’s All-Sports winner, finished second with 95 points and three championships, followed by Oak Creek, with 92 points and three championships. Points are accumulated based on team finishes in all sports in which each of the eight SEC schools compete.
In the inaugural SEC All-Sports Sportsmanship Award, Racine Case and Racine Horlick were co-winners of the 2012-13 award. Case and Horlick each earned six individual Team Sportsmanship awards given out during the fall, winter, and spring sport seasons. Team Sportsmanship awards are voted on by coaches for each sport at the end of the respective sport season. Teams are nominated with considerations given to overall sportsmanship of athletes, coaches, and fans.
There is a traveling trophy for each award.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bat boy Jahnke provides extra inspiration for Franklin baseball team
- Ignitors softball team takes second in national tourney
- Baseball: Errors ruin Franklin baseball team's chance at WIAA state championship
- Baseball: Franklin strikes early, rolls past Plymouth in state semifinal
- Fortman pitches Franklin past Greenfield in regional championship
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Franklin baseball team pulls out three narrow victories to close regular season
- Franklin baseball team continues on hot streak with three more victories
- Franklin baseball team creeping back into Greater Metro Conference race
- Franklin baseball team takes advantage of walks to upset Creek, 12-8