Kenosha Bradford will be the place to be Saturday for fans of Southeast Conference athletics; the league swim meet will start at 9:30 a.m. for diving and 2 p.m. for swimming. Meanwhile, the league wrestling tournament also will be held there, starting at 9:30 a.m. Oak Creek and Franklin teams will take part in both events.
Greendale wrestlers who won both matches in a double-dual against Cudahy and Pius XI on Jan. 23.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The Oak Creek girls basketball team is banging down the door of success. The Knights all but clinched a Southeast Conference title with a rally against host and archrival Franklin on Friday and have moved all the way up to second behind DePere in current state polls. They have lost in the last three WIAA sectional playoffs and are looking for their first state berth since 2008 and their fifth overall.
- Steven L. Tietz and John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bat boy Jahnke provides extra inspiration for Franklin baseball team
- Ignitors softball team takes second in national tourney
- Baseball: Errors ruin Franklin baseball team's chance at WIAA state championship
- Baseball: Franklin strikes early, rolls past Plymouth in state semifinal
- Fortman pitches Franklin past Greenfield in regional championship
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Franklin baseball team pulls out three narrow victories to close regular season
- Franklin baseball team continues on hot streak with three more victories
- Franklin baseball team creeping back into Greater Metro Conference race
- Franklin baseball team takes advantage of walks to upset Creek, 12-8