The Franklin swimming and diving team came away with a 111-74 victory against Oak Creek in a Southeast Conference meet last week.
The Sabers surged in front when Luke Gavronski and Sam Karolewicz took the top two spots in the 200 freestyle, and Franklin never trailed after that second event of the day. Gavronski won in 2:24.63, well ahead of the second-place time of 2:32.20.
Other victories came from Nick Banach (200 individual medley, 2:37.58), August Beck (50 free, 27.56 and 100 butterfly, 1:09.51), Andy Schauer (diving, 177.15 points), Karolewicz (100 free, 1:07.55) and David Ciszewski (100 breaststroke, 1:28.17).
Franklin's 200 free relay team of Banach, Koska, Beck and Karolewicz swam 1:59.15 for victory, and the 400-free team of Gavronski, Banach, Karolewig and Beck went 4:27.56 for an easy win.
Oak Creek's medley relay squad of Justin Sporeleder, Andy Gravning, Jacob Wnuk and Jerry Ryan won in 2:17.35. Sporeleder won the backstroke in 1:10.51.
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- New Franklin track christened with Saber invite wins
- Franklin, Oak Creek, Greendale and Whitnall Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Oak Creek's big bats overpower Franklin softball team, 14-6 (3)
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Iraci's sprint win leads Franklin boys track team to second in TFA
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Sports Shorts: April 7, 2016