The Franklin swimming and diving team came away with a 111-74 victory against Oak Creek in a Southeast Conference meet last week.
The Sabers surged in front when Luke Gavronski and Sam Karolewicz took the top two spots in the 200 freestyle, and Franklin never trailed after that second event of the day. Gavronski won in 2:24.63, well ahead of the second-place time of 2:32.20.
Other victories came from Nick Banach (200 individual medley, 2:37.58), August Beck (50 free, 27.56 and 100 butterfly, 1:09.51), Andy Schauer (diving, 177.15 points), Karolewicz (100 free, 1:07.55) and David Ciszewski (100 breaststroke, 1:28.17).
Franklin's 200 free relay team of Banach, Koska, Beck and Karolewicz swam 1:59.15 for victory, and the 400-free team of Gavronski, Banach, Karolewig and Beck went 4:27.56 for an easy win.
Oak Creek's medley relay squad of Justin Sporeleder, Andy Gravning, Jacob Wnuk and Jerry Ryan won in 2:17.35. Sporeleder won the backstroke in 1:10.51.
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin to advance to sectional final
- Football: Sabers seniors get one more chance to make on-field impact
- Franklin baseball team downs Sussex Hamilton, Wauwatosa East to take third in Greater Metro
- Oak Creek baseball team beats Franklin, 7-3, advances to GMC final
- Franklin baseball team still searching for consistency as WIAA tournament approaches
- Sports Notes: July 7, 2016
- Franklin's Chmielewski inducted into UW-Oshkosh Hall of Fame
- Metoxen, Reinick lead Franklin baseball team past Brookfield Central
- Franklin baseball team wins own wood bat tournament after struggling in GMC
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016