The Franklin swimming and diving team came away with a 111-74 victory against Oak Creek in a Southeast Conference meet last week.
The Sabers surged in front when Luke Gavronski and Sam Karolewicz took the top two spots in the 200 freestyle, and Franklin never trailed after that second event of the day. Gavronski won in 2:24.63, well ahead of the second-place time of 2:32.20.
Other victories came from Nick Banach (200 individual medley, 2:37.58), August Beck (50 free, 27.56 and 100 butterfly, 1:09.51), Andy Schauer (diving, 177.15 points), Karolewicz (100 free, 1:07.55) and David Ciszewski (100 breaststroke, 1:28.17).
Franklin's 200 free relay team of Banach, Koska, Beck and Karolewicz swam 1:59.15 for victory, and the 400-free team of Gavronski, Banach, Karolewig and Beck went 4:27.56 for an easy win.
Oak Creek's medley relay squad of Justin Sporeleder, Andy Gravning, Jacob Wnuk and Jerry Ryan won in 2:17.35. Sporeleder won the backstroke in 1:10.51.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin football team batters Indian Trail in stunning fashion
- Franklin shows patience, rallies to win SEC girls tennis title
- SPORTS SHORTS: Oct. 8
- Football: Franklin celebrates homecoming by smashing Indian Trail, 42-0
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 1, 2015
- Defense paves way in Franklin football team's 28-0 rout of Horlick
- Franklin girls golf repeats as Southeast Conference champs
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 24, 2015
- Boeck is the difference as Franklin football team overpowers Oak Creek
- Sports Notes: Sept. 24, 2015