The Franklin swimming and diving team came away with a 111-74 victory against Oak Creek in a Southeast Conference meet last week.
The Sabers surged in front when Luke Gavronski and Sam Karolewicz took the top two spots in the 200 freestyle, and Franklin never trailed after that second event of the day. Gavronski won in 2:24.63, well ahead of the second-place time of 2:32.20.
Other victories came from Nick Banach (200 individual medley, 2:37.58), August Beck (50 free, 27.56 and 100 butterfly, 1:09.51), Andy Schauer (diving, 177.15 points), Karolewicz (100 free, 1:07.55) and David Ciszewski (100 breaststroke, 1:28.17).
Franklin's 200 free relay team of Banach, Koska, Beck and Karolewicz swam 1:59.15 for victory, and the 400-free team of Gavronski, Banach, Karolewig and Beck went 4:27.56 for an easy win.
Oak Creek's medley relay squad of Justin Sporeleder, Andy Gravning, Jacob Wnuk and Jerry Ryan won in 2:17.35. Sporeleder won the backstroke in 1:10.51.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek boys dominate cold shooting Franklin, 48-28
- Oak Creek girls rally and retain SEC lead with win over Franklin, 43-38
- Oak Creek wrestlng team overwhelms Franklin, 50-18
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 18
- FMOW gymnasts ready for a run at a fifth state title
- Franklin girls basketball team improves to 5-1, 2-0 in Southeast
- Menomonee Falls boys get defensive in beating Franklin, 48-30
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 11
- Franklin's Brown earns Now Coach of the Year honors
- Franklin girls basketball team opens with two impressive victories