The Franklin swimming and diving team came away with a 111-74 victory against Oak Creek in a Southeast Conference meet last week.
The Sabers surged in front when Luke Gavronski and Sam Karolewicz took the top two spots in the 200 freestyle, and Franklin never trailed after that second event of the day. Gavronski won in 2:24.63, well ahead of the second-place time of 2:32.20.
Other victories came from Nick Banach (200 individual medley, 2:37.58), August Beck (50 free, 27.56 and 100 butterfly, 1:09.51), Andy Schauer (diving, 177.15 points), Karolewicz (100 free, 1:07.55) and David Ciszewski (100 breaststroke, 1:28.17).
Franklin's 200 free relay team of Banach, Koska, Beck and Karolewicz swam 1:59.15 for victory, and the 400-free team of Gavronski, Banach, Karolewig and Beck went 4:27.56 for an easy win.
Oak Creek's medley relay squad of Justin Sporeleder, Andy Gravning, Jacob Wnuk and Jerry Ryan won in 2:17.35. Sporeleder won the backstroke in 1:10.51.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin lacrosse club growing stronger by the day
- Sports Shorts: April 24
- Whitnall's Stevan Miskov reaches state soccer Hall of Fame
- Franklin girls track and field team finishes third at Mukwonago Club Relays
- Oak Creek boys track and field team second at Mukwonago Club Relays
- Franklin girls third, Oak Creek fourth at Mukwonago track meet
- Oak Creek boys second, Franklin fifth at Mukwonago track meet
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 10