Franklin - The annual DJ's Court Tourney, a three-on-three basketball tournament honoring former Franklin High School star Christine Rathke, will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the high school.
The event, which was dedicated to Rathke in 2003, raises money for the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Since 2003, the tournament has raised about $10,882 from team fees and donations.
The tournament is open to male and female players of all skill levels ages 16 and up. Participants form teams of three or four players or can sign up for a free agent pool, which pairs players without teams.
The tournament began in the summer of 2000 in a Franklin driveway and has developed into a charity event to honor Rathke, who was killed in a car crash on Feb. 16, 2003.
For more information, contact DJ Slater at (414) 416-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- New Franklin track christened with Saber invite wins
- Franklin, Oak Creek, Greendale and Whitnall Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Oak Creek's big bats overpower Franklin softball team, 14-6 (3)
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Iraci's sprint win leads Franklin boys track team to second in TFA
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Sports Shorts: April 7, 2016