Franklin - The annual DJ's Court Tourney, a three-on-three basketball tournament honoring former Franklin High School star Christine Rathke, will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the high school.
The event, which was dedicated to Rathke in 2003, raises money for the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Since 2003, the tournament has raised about $10,882 from team fees and donations.
The tournament is open to male and female players of all skill levels ages 16 and up. Participants form teams of three or four players or can sign up for a free agent pool, which pairs players without teams.
The tournament began in the summer of 2000 in a Franklin driveway and has developed into a charity event to honor Rathke, who was killed in a car crash on Feb. 16, 2003.
For more information, contact DJ Slater at (414) 416-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin baseball team creeping back into Greater Metro Conference race
- Franklin baseball team takes advantage of walks to upset Creek, 12-8
- Pitching leads Franklin baseball team to 4-0 week
- Franklin baseball team looks to cut down on mistakes
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Sport Shorts: June 11, 2015
- Sport Shorts: June 4, 2015
- Franklin girls advance eight entries to state track meet
- Group effort propels six Franklin entries to state
- SPORTS SHORTS: May 28