Franklin - The annual DJ's Court Tourney, a three-on-three basketball tournament honoring former Franklin High School star Christine Rathke, will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the high school.
The event, which was dedicated to Rathke in 2003, raises money for the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Since 2003, the tournament has raised about $10,882 from team fees and donations.
The tournament is open to male and female players of all skill levels ages 16 and up. Participants form teams of three or four players or can sign up for a free agent pool, which pairs players without teams.
The tournament began in the summer of 2000 in a Franklin driveway and has developed into a charity event to honor Rathke, who was killed in a car crash on Feb. 16, 2003.
For more information, contact DJ Slater at (414) 416-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Football: Franklin shows its special qualities
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Franklin Sabers
- Franklin girls golf team motivated, experienced
- Fortman's iron-man pitching boosts Franklin to state runner-up spot
- Team chemistry, cohesiveness help Franklin baseball team in season turnaround
- Bat boy Jahnke provides extra inspiration for Franklin baseball team
- Ignitors softball team takes second in national tourney
- Baseball: Errors ruin Franklin baseball team's chance at WIAA state championship
- Baseball: Franklin strikes early, rolls past Plymouth in state semifinal