Franklin - The Milwaukee Angels U-10 baseball team won the American Armature Youth Baseball Alliance World Series, a tourney welcoming 90 teams to St. Louis, Mo.
The Angels trailed a team from St. Louis, 9-1, but rallied for 10 runs in the fifth and scored twice more in the sixth and seventh for a 15-14 victory. The Angels went 5-1 overall, defeating teams from Texas, Missouri, Arkansas and Kansas.
The U-9 and U-10 teams won the Wisconsin USSA Tournament in June to qualify. The U-10 team has now won consecutive state championships.
Members of the team include Teddy Marion of Franklin, Cameron Wiczek of Greenfield, Mason Klafka of Greenfield, Brandin Podziemski of Greenfield, Gunnar Doyle of Oak Creek, Eric Erato of Sussex, A.J. Vukovich of Mukwonago, Mason Wendt of Whitefish Bay, Riley Palmquist of Burlington, Issiah Butler of Oak Creek, Lukas Broske of West Bend and coaches Keith Wiczek, John Podziemski, Peter Klafka, Kevin Marion and Brent Palmquist.
For more on the program, visit milwaukeeangels.org.
- Franklin, Greendale, Oak Creek and Whitnall Sports Shorts: May 26, 2016
- In brief: Ring of Honor induction
- Franklin boys tennis team dominates SEC tourney
- Steady Franklin golfers claim Southeast Conference title
- SPORTS SHORTS: May 19
- Franklin girls soccer team finishes second at Kiel tournament
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Sport Shorts: May 12, 2016
- Franklin boys tennis team wins Beaver Dam Invite
- SPORTS SHORTS: May 5