The Franklin Force fast-pitch softball club will soon hold tryouts for the 2012 season. The club, beginning its 17th season, provides girls from southeastern Wisconsin a competitive program in fast-pitch softball. Players are not required to be residents of Franklin.
Tryouts will be held at the former Lions Park, 9590 S. 80th St., behind the Department of Public Works.
Tryout dates are:
10U, 12U: 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Aug.11, and 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 13.
14U, 16U, 18U: from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 13, and 5 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 16.
The rain date is Sunday, Aug. 14.
Arrive 15 to 30 minutes early for registration.
Visit www.thefranklinforce.com for more information or contact Scott Mather at (414) 588-3078.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Franklin football team powered by All-Suburban honorees
- Franklin puts up valiant effort against Arrowhead, but runs out of steam in state title game
- Franklin football team receives a spirited backing at state
- Experience should make Franklin boys basketball team a contender
- Whitnall girls basketball have some questions to answer
- Free throws help Whitnall boys basketball clinch win
- Social media story: 2013 Division 1 prep football state title game: Franklin vs. Arrowhead
- Arrowhead dispatches Franklin to defend Divison 1 state football title
- Whitnall girls duo place at state diving