Franklin— The 11th annual DJ's Court Basketball Tournament, held in honor of Christine Rathke, will be held on Saturday, July 30, at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st St.
The format is three-on-three, with one substitute allowed. It is a double-elimination event with 32 teams invited.
New this year is a free-agent list for anyone who does not have a team. That person can pay $15 to get on the free-agent list, and will be placed on a team.
The fee is $60 per team if paid on or before June 19, $70 per team if paid between June 19 and July 17 and $80 per team if paid after July 17. This is also the door price.
Payments should be mailed to DJ Slater, 8516 W. Beacon Hill Drive, Franklin, WI 53132. Checks should be made out to DJ Slater.
All money goes to the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund, which helps a Franklin girls basketball player pay for college expenses.
Anyone entering a team needs to submit the following: team name, team members with captain denoted and a check for the appropriate amount.
For those who cannot make the tournament but want to help, Slater is accepting donations to the Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Checks can be made out to Slater and sent to the Franklin address.
For more information, contact Slater at (414) 416-2176 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SPORTS SHORTS: May 28
- Oak Creek boys win fifth Southeast outdoor track title in thriller
- Franklin seniors celebrate fourth straight SEC tennis title
- Franklin girls track team celebrates fifth straight SEC title
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- Franklin softball team remains hot, takes second in Bay meet
- Oak Creek's Ogden running fast, running for state
- Franklin softball team uses team effort to win Hale tourney
- Franklin boys track team wins league relay title for first time since 1989
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015