Franklin— The 11th annual DJ's Court Basketball Tournament, held in honor of Christine Rathke, will be held on Saturday, July 30, at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st St.
The format is three-on-three, with one substitute allowed. It is a double-elimination event with 32 teams invited.
New this year is a free-agent list for anyone who does not have a team. That person can pay $15 to get on the free-agent list, and will be placed on a team.
The fee is $60 per team if paid on or before June 19, $70 per team if paid between June 19 and July 17 and $80 per team if paid after July 17. This is also the door price.
Payments should be mailed to DJ Slater, 8516 W. Beacon Hill Drive, Franklin, WI 53132. Checks should be made out to DJ Slater.
All money goes to the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund, which helps a Franklin girls basketball player pay for college expenses.
Anyone entering a team needs to submit the following: team name, team members with captain denoted and a check for the appropriate amount.
For those who cannot make the tournament but want to help, Slater is accepting donations to the Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Checks can be made out to Slater and sent to the Franklin address.
For more information, contact Slater at (414) 416-2176 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin boys volleyball team wins Southeast divisional title
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Franklin girls cross country team wins 5th straight SEC title
- This SEC title a special one for Franklin football team
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Franklin closes in on SEC title with win over Indian Trail
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin's Bartels inspires, qualifies for state tennis tournament
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8