Franklin— The 11th annual DJ's Court Basketball Tournament, held in honor of Christine Rathke, will be held on Saturday, July 30, at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st St.
The format is three-on-three, with one substitute allowed. It is a double-elimination event with 32 teams invited.
New this year is a free-agent list for anyone who does not have a team. That person can pay $15 to get on the free-agent list, and will be placed on a team.
The fee is $60 per team if paid on or before June 19, $70 per team if paid between June 19 and July 17 and $80 per team if paid after July 17. This is also the door price.
Payments should be mailed to DJ Slater, 8516 W. Beacon Hill Drive, Franklin, WI 53132. Checks should be made out to DJ Slater.
All money goes to the Christine Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund, which helps a Franklin girls basketball player pay for college expenses.
Anyone entering a team needs to submit the following: team name, team members with captain denoted and a check for the appropriate amount.
For those who cannot make the tournament but want to help, Slater is accepting donations to the Rathke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Checks can be made out to Slater and sent to the Franklin address.
For more information, contact Slater at (414) 416-2176 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Errors ruin Franklin baseball team's chance at WIAA state championship
- Baseball: Franklin strikes early, rolls past Plymouth in WIAA state semifinal baseball game
- Fortman pitches Franklin past Greenfield in regional championship
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Franklin baseball team pulls out three narrow victories to close regular season
- Franklin baseball team continues on hot streak with three more victories
- Franklin baseball team creeping back into Greater Metro Conference race
- Franklin baseball team takes advantage of walks to upset Creek, 12-8
- Pitching leads Franklin baseball team to 4-0 week
- Franklin baseball team looks to cut down on mistakes