Oak Creek - A 47-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for fleeing police after leading a police officer on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of March 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An officer attempted to pull the woman's vehicle over after she almost caused an accident in the 1300 block of West Ryan Road about 2:40 a.m. March 14. The woman took off driving south on 27th Street, with the officer in pursuit.
Officers chased the vehicle for over 24 miles until the pursuit was called off at 3:11 a.m.
Later that day, police received a call from the Lake County Sheriff's Office in Illinois, reporting they had recovered the woman's vehicle and had the woman in custody. She was taken back to the Oak Creek Police Department, where she was arrested and booked.
She is being held in the Milwaukee County Jail and could face a state charge. She also was issued two citations for running a red traffic signal.
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer