Oak Creek - A 47-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for fleeing police after leading a police officer on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of March 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An officer attempted to pull the woman's vehicle over after she almost caused an accident in the 1300 block of West Ryan Road about 2:40 a.m. March 14. The woman took off driving south on 27th Street, with the officer in pursuit.
Officers chased the vehicle for over 24 miles until the pursuit was called off at 3:11 a.m.
Later that day, police received a call from the Lake County Sheriff's Office in Illinois, reporting they had recovered the woman's vehicle and had the woman in custody. She was taken back to the Oak Creek Police Department, where she was arrested and booked.
She is being held in the Milwaukee County Jail and could face a state charge. She also was issued two citations for running a red traffic signal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Saber Stadium Project moves to finish in fall
- Sentry site proposed for community center use in Franklin
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Two Oak Creek-Franklin schools likely to have safer entrances next fall
- Mystery group targeted Ryan
- Basil Ryan plans write-in mayoral bid