Oak Creek - A 47-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for fleeing police after leading a police officer on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of March 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An officer attempted to pull the woman's vehicle over after she almost caused an accident in the 1300 block of West Ryan Road about 2:40 a.m. March 14. The woman took off driving south on 27th Street, with the officer in pursuit.
Officers chased the vehicle for over 24 miles until the pursuit was called off at 3:11 a.m.
Later that day, police received a call from the Lake County Sheriff's Office in Illinois, reporting they had recovered the woman's vehicle and had the woman in custody. She was taken back to the Oak Creek Police Department, where she was arrested and booked.
She is being held in the Milwaukee County Jail and could face a state charge. She also was issued two citations for running a red traffic signal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue