Oak Creek - A 47-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for fleeing police after leading a police officer on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of March 14.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An officer attempted to pull the woman's vehicle over after she almost caused an accident in the 1300 block of West Ryan Road about 2:40 a.m. March 14. The woman took off driving south on 27th Street, with the officer in pursuit.
Officers chased the vehicle for over 24 miles until the pursuit was called off at 3:11 a.m.
Later that day, police received a call from the Lake County Sheriff's Office in Illinois, reporting they had recovered the woman's vehicle and had the woman in custody. She was taken back to the Oak Creek Police Department, where she was arrested and booked.
She is being held in the Milwaukee County Jail and could face a state charge. She also was issued two citations for running a red traffic signal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to expand its Water & Sewer facility
- Bo Jackson considers partnership with The Rock for potential dome facility
- Annual MACC Fund Car Show to be held on Sunday, Sept. 7
- Franklin board approve unchanged school tax levy
- Corrections: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Franklin considers City Hall makeover: Officials seek new concept designs for facility beyond roof and siding projects
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Video Tour: Franklin High School construction nears completion for first day of school
- News & Notes: August 28, 2014 issue