Woman who stole truck from Franklin gas station shot by Milwaukee police, report states
Franklin - A 31-year-old Milwaukee woman who stole a truck from a customer at a Franklin gas station used the vehicle to ram a squad car in Milwaukee during a police pursuit on Christmas Eve, police said.
According to the Franklin police report:
A 25-year-old man reported that his 2000 Ford F250 truck was stolen at Andy's Gas, 5040 W. Rawson Ave., at 2:25 p.m. Dec. 24. He had left it parked and running while he went inside the business.
The truck owner was able to get a ride from another customer, and they followed the stolen truck to College Avenue and 27th Street before losing sight of it.
Milwaukee police officers on patrol spotted the stolen vehicle about 6:45 p.m. and followed it into an alley near 72nd Street and Mill Road. The driver rammed the truck into the police squad while making a U-turn in the alley. An officer fired a weapon at the vehicle after the driver backed up and attempted to ram the squad a second time. The driver, a 31-year-old Milwaukee woman, was grazed by the bullet.
She was arrested for recklessly endangering safety and theft of a vehicle.
Police recovered the truck and it was returned to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin High Senior Mara Matovich to represent Wisconsin in U.S. Senate Youth Program
- Franklin police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Franklin police investigate home invasion of 83-year-old woman's Oakwood Road residence
- More trees than anticipated will fall in road reconstruction plan in Franklin
- Franklin police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Ending Common Core raises concerns among West Allis and West Milwaukee educators
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Franklin High School students apply nice doggone artistic touch for canine care business
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue