Franklin - A pedestrian was injured after a driver allegedly struck her with her car during an argument in the parking lot at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., Thanksgiving Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
The victim, a 43-year-old Cudahy woman, told police the accident began as an argument when a driver sped through the parking lot and almost struck her about 9:10 p.m. Nov. 22. When she yelled at the driver to slow down, the driver put her car in reverse and the two began to yell and swear at each other.
The woman stated the driver reached out and punched her in the face during the argument. She then continued to back her vehicle up and deliberately turn it toward her, knocking her to the ground and causing abrasions to her right hand and both knees.
Police questioned the driver, a 35-year-old Milwaukee woman, who said the victim and five other people began pounding on her vehicle. She said the victim stuck her head and hands inside her vehicle while yelling at her, causing her to be fearful for her 9-year-old son, and she admitted punching the woman in the mouth.
Video surveillance shown to police by a Walmart employee did not reveal the altercation or accident. However, two independent witnesses stated they saw the driver speed past the victim, put her car in reverse and stop momentarily, then continue to reverse and knock the pedestrian down.
According to the police log, the investigating officer told the Milwaukee woman she would not be cited for striking the Cudahy woman, but she will be at fault for the accident. Citations are pending the completion of the accident report.
- Franklin police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to once again host "Writer's Nights"
- Franklin Library will host "Princess of Magic" June 28
- A referendum will be held to decide fate of Forest Park Middle School (3)
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek fire up for the Fourth
- Franklin Police arrest two suspects for poaching in Whitnall Park
- News & Notes: June 23, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 23, 2016 issue
- Paul Ryan schedules stops in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Franklin police report: June 23, 2016 issue