Two Milwaukee men received multiple citations after an alert patrol officer foiled a theft attempt at a Franklin auto lot Sept. 26.
According to the Franklin police report:
A patrol officer executing a business check saw a person attempting to steal a catalytic converter off a vehicle inside the closed auto lot at Ewald, 6319 S. 108th St., about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 26. The 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested and cited for possession of burglary tools, attempted theft, prowling and criminal trespass to land.
A 30-year-old Milwaukee man who was walking in the area of the dealership at the time of the incident was questioned by police, who later linked him to the attempted theft. He was taken into custody in the 11100 block of West Forest Home Avenue and was cited for possession of burglary tools, attempted theft, bail-jumping, prowling, possession of marijuana and criminal trespass to land.
Both men were taken to the Milwaukee County Correctional Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Educational Foundation to hold beer-tasting "Cheers to Education" event Oct. 17
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Franklin to host Family Health Night
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- Franklin emergency crews respond to overturned truck
- Community Calendar: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Video: Franklin crews clean up overturned truck site
- BREAKING: Truck overturns on W. Loomis and W. Drexel
- Franklin, Greendale receive "Schools of Recognition" awards by DPI
- Franklin High scores 23.5 in ACT assessment