Two Milwaukee men received multiple citations after an alert patrol officer foiled a theft attempt at a Franklin auto lot Sept. 26.
According to the Franklin police report:
A patrol officer executing a business check saw a person attempting to steal a catalytic converter off a vehicle inside the closed auto lot at Ewald, 6319 S. 108th St., about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 26. The 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested and cited for possession of burglary tools, attempted theft, prowling and criminal trespass to land.
A 30-year-old Milwaukee man who was walking in the area of the dealership at the time of the incident was questioned by police, who later linked him to the attempted theft. He was taken into custody in the 11100 block of West Forest Home Avenue and was cited for possession of burglary tools, attempted theft, bail-jumping, prowling, possession of marijuana and criminal trespass to land.
Both men were taken to the Milwaukee County Correctional Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Craft project leads way to house fire in Franklin, no significant injuries reported
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Taste of Hales Corners, Oak Creek-Franklin is Thursday, March 5
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- Corrections: March 5, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- About 3,000 people currently without power in Franklin, Hales Corners
- Ayusa International looks for Franklin, Oak Creek families to host international students for 2014-15
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue