Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
Dog that was lost in incident returns home
A vehicle that was reported stolen in Franklin on June 30 was used later that day to carjack a woman in Greenfield, according to Franklin police.
The vehicle, a silver/gray 2005 Land Rover, was reported stolen from a residence in the 4500 block of West Rawson Avenue at 7:30 a.m. June 30. While investigating the theft, police found several bicycle tracks around where the car was parked, and soon discovered two bicycles that appeared to have been discarded in the tree line adjacent to the driveway.
Several hours later, police received a call from a resident in the 7300 block of South Countryside Drive, who reported the two bicycles had been stolen from his garage sometime overnight.
At about 10:15 p.m., Franklin police received a call from Greenfield police, who stated the stolen Land Rover had just been used to commit a carjacking in their city.
During the carjacking, an unidentified male pulled a female out of her car, choked her, and then took off in the victim's vehicle with two other unidentified males and left the stolen Land Rover behind.
This is the second carjacking in Greenfield in less than one month. On June 11, two unidentified males punched a woman in the head and stole her purse and vehicle near South 47th Street and West Forest Home Avenue. The vehicle was later found near South 43rd and West Morgan Avenue.
However the victim's dog, named Teddy, that was in the vehicle during the theft was not located. Two days later an alert citizen found Teddy near 54th and Ohio, and the dog was reunited with its owner.
No arrests have been made in connection with that incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Kayla's Krew gains Franklin support for all-inclusive playground
- Rock League Baseball players featured in nationwide Pepsi commercial
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- The Federation of Croatian Societies hosts annual Croatian Fest this weekend
- Franklin Police Report: July 10, 2014