Franklin - A car stolen from a local gas station Feb. 15 and a truck stolen from a local auto dealership Jan. 20 were recovered in Milwaukee within the past week.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Milwaukee Police Department contacted Franklin police at 2:55 p.m. Feb. 19 after they recovered a 2009 Infiniti G3 that had been stolen from Speedway, 10001 W. Church St., about 8 p.m. Feb. 15. The owner had left it running while he went inside for a coffee.
Police found the vehicle, along with the keys, parked outside a residence in the 3000 block of North 35th Street. The driver-side bumper was damaged and the front license plate was missing.
An investigation revealed a 16-year-old Milwaukee boy had driven the stolen vehicle to the Milwaukee location; he was arrested for driving a vehicle without consent of the owner.
On Feb. 21 Milwaukee police recovered a Dodge Ram 1500 that had been stolen from the lot of a Franklin car dealership in January.
The truck was stolen while it was parked outside the auto shop at Ewald Automotive, 6319 S. 108th St., about 12:45 p.m. Jan. 20. It was recovered by police in the 3900 block of North 51st Street on the evening of Feb. 21.
The vehicle was found completely stripped, and the only things recovered were the frame and tires. The owner was contacted and told about his vehicle.
Although the truck theft was captured on security video, there are no suspects. Franklin police are continuing to investigate.
- Franklin Library will host "Princess of Magic" June 28
- A referendum will be held to decide fate of Forest Park Middle School
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek fire up for the Fourth
- Franklin Police arrest two suspects for poaching in Whitnall Park
- News & Notes: June 23, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 23, 2016 issue
- Paul Ryan schedules stops in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Franklin police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Wehr Nature Center invites community to count butterflies for NABA
- Wehr Nature Center to host "Summer Solstice Social"