Franklin - A car stolen from a local gas station Feb. 15 and a truck stolen from a local auto dealership Jan. 20 were recovered in Milwaukee within the past week.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Milwaukee Police Department contacted Franklin police at 2:55 p.m. Feb. 19 after they recovered a 2009 Infiniti G3 that had been stolen from Speedway, 10001 W. Church St., about 8 p.m. Feb. 15. The owner had left it running while he went inside for a coffee.
Police found the vehicle, along with the keys, parked outside a residence in the 3000 block of North 35th Street. The driver-side bumper was damaged and the front license plate was missing.
An investigation revealed a 16-year-old Milwaukee boy had driven the stolen vehicle to the Milwaukee location; he was arrested for driving a vehicle without consent of the owner.
On Feb. 21 Milwaukee police recovered a Dodge Ram 1500 that had been stolen from the lot of a Franklin car dealership in January.
The truck was stolen while it was parked outside the auto shop at Ewald Automotive, 6319 S. 108th St., about 12:45 p.m. Jan. 20. It was recovered by police in the 3900 block of North 51st Street on the evening of Feb. 21.
The vehicle was found completely stripped, and the only things recovered were the frame and tires. The owner was contacted and told about his vehicle.
Although the truck theft was captured on security video, there are no suspects. Franklin police are continuing to investigate.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue