Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- All-inclusive playground Kayla's Krew leaps past public obstacles in Franklin
- Franklin Police Department to host women's self-defense class
- Milwaukee Y extends summer day camps to county sports complex
- Early morning vandal trashes Southwood Glen Elementary School in Franklin
- Area public school districts receive state funding for library materials
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Franklin police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Franklin shoots down community residential facility for drug and alcohol abusers (5)