Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library's patio
- Man banned from store for stealing 49-cent 'Beavis and Butt-head' tape
- Police Report: May 14
- Are there cougars in Franklin? Police officer sees large, wild cat on bike trail
- Forest Park students help Greenfield teen go to X Games, via Make-A-Wish
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Franklin unveils new career, college readiness curriculum
- Franklin School Board approves 2.7 percent pay raises
- In Our Schools: May 14