Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin High's new auditorium, classrooms to be ready for first day of school
- Correction: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Franklin to accept bids for new water, sewer facility
- Franklin needs more retail, according to report. Officials consider their options.
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Franklin School District implements 1:1 Initiative for school year
- Oak Creek-Franklin board puts school space-related referendum questions on November ballot
- New Franklin park indeed aims for 'Pleasant View'