Oak Creek - When your vehicle gets towed, it never ends well. But for one alert truck owner, a clandestine tow ended with the arrest of the tow truck driver.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A man called police after he saw a tow truck, with no lights on, tow his truck away from the former Black Diamond grounds, 124 E. Rawson Ave., about 8:45 p.m. Feb. 21. When the tow truck left the lot, the caller followed it to the Mobil station at 13th Street and Rawson Avenue.
Police arrived at the gas station the same time as the drivers and questioned both. The caller provided police with proof of ownership of the truck.
The tow truck driver, a 26-year-old Waukesha man, gave the officer conflicting information about who had authorized the tow and could not provide any documentation that the tow was legitimate.
Police arrested the tow truck driver for theft, and he was taken into custody. He is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office March 7.
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer