A 21-year-old woman who called 911 to report her stove was on fire was later arrested for drug violations after fire officials found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in her residence Saturday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Franklin Fire Department and police responded to a report of a stove fire at a home in the 6600 block of South Parkedge Circle about 10:40 a.m. Saturday.
It was determined the fire was started by bacon grease, and the stove was quickly removed from the residence by the firefighters.
A fire lieutenant who was clearing smoke from the rooms reported finding a plastic bag containing a green, leafy substance and a red bong in plain view. Canine officer Charlie was brought into the home and found several other smoking pipes and marijuana blunts.
All the items tested positive for THC, and the woman cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting
- Franklin targets Froemming Park for Kayla's Krew playground, county approval uncertain