Franklin - A Milwaukee County snowplow driver sustained minor injuries after he lost control of his plow and crashed into the side of a Walgreens on South 27th Street on New Year's Eve, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
According to a witness, the plow was traveling east on Ryan Road at 27th Street when it struck a guard rail, went across a grassy median and over a curb and hit the east side of Walgreens, 9527 S. 27th St., shortly after 6 a.m. Dec. 31. The plow severely damaged a Redbox rental machine but caused only minor damage to the building.
After the plow came to rest the driver opened his door and stated, "I must have blacked out," according to the witness. The witness told officers that it didn't look like any brakes were applied after the driver lost control of the snowplow.
The plow driver, a 36-year-old West Allis man, had a head laceration and was treated at the scene. No citations have been issued, and the accident is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Common Council discusses ways to improve quarry regulation
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Franklin to host Family Health Night
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- Franklin emergency crews respond to overturned truck
- Community Calendar: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Video: Franklin crews clean up overturned truck site
- BREAKING: Truck overturns on W. Loomis and W. Drexel
- Franklin, Greendale receive "Schools of Recognition" awards by DPI
- Franklin High scores 23.5 in ACT assessment