1Checks and $4.25 in cash were stolen from a lock box in the community room at Bell Tower Place, 7760 S. 51st St., between 1 p.m. Jan. 13 and 2:10 p.m. Jan. 17.
2A 42-year-old Kenosha man was arrested for shoplifting after he left without paying for merchandise he had concealed under other merchandise and in his clothing at Menards, 10925 W. Speedway Drive, at 11 a.m. Jan. 14. He also was issued a no trespassing warning for Menards.
3A 37-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing Bose headphones in his pocket at Sam's Club, 6705 S. 27th St., at 10:10 p.m. Jan. 14.
4A woman stole a bottle of vodka at Target, 7800 S. Lovers Lane Road, about 6:20 p.m. Jan. 15. She is described as a 22- to 32-year-old white woman with a thin build and brown hair pulled back into a ponytail. She left in a four-door, green vehicle.
5Two checkbooks were stolen out of a vehicle's glove box in the 6800 block of South Tumblecreek Drive between 8 a.m. Jan. 16 and 10:30 a.m. Jan. 17.
6A 40-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for stealing $49 worth of groceries at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 17.
7An 18-year-old Franklin man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after the car he was riding in was pulled over in Christine Rathke Memorial Park, 7700 S. 68th St., at 3:45 a.m. Jan. 14. The driver, an 18-year-old Franklin man, was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety and possession open intoxicants in a vehicle. His blood-alcohol content was 0.08.
8A 17-year-old Franklin boy was arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and drugged driving in the 5700 block of West Cascade Drive about 6:10 a.m. Jan. 14.
9About $2,500 worth of Camaro and Firebird parts were stolen from the driveway of a body shop on 57th Street, on the east side of the Carma Laboratories, 5801 W. Airways Ave., between 3 p.m. Jan. 14 and 3:50 p.m. Jan. 19.
· A 26-year-old man was arrested for delivery of marijuana and a 35-year-old man was arrested for possession and delivery of marijuana at Midas Mufflers in Hales Corners, 5381 S. 108th St., at 10:05 a.m. Jan. 15.
10A 20-year-old Franklin man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and cited for driving with a suspended license and suspended registration in the 5900 block of South Lovers Lane Road about 1 a.m. Jan. 17.
11A 21-year-old man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 7800 block of South Scepter Drive about 1 p.m. Jan. 17.
12A $25 video game carrying case and about 25 video games, valued at $30 each, were stolen out of an unlocked van at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, 10101 S. 27th St., between 7:30 and 9 p.m. Jan. 17.
13Officers responding to a report of multiple thefts of cash from girls' purses at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st St., arrested a 14-year-old boy about 8:20 p.m. Jan. 17. A 14-year-old girl was arrested for stealing money out of one of the purses.
14A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for shoplifting a backpack, a VCR and a donation decoration at The Salvation Army, 6341 S. 27th St., at 11 a.m. Jan. 18.
15A 34-year-old woman was arrested for drunken driving and cited for driving without a license and failing to maintain control of a vehicle after she drove into a ditch at 76th Street and Drexel Avenue at 12:25 a.m. Jan. 19. She was taken to the hospital for a blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
16A driver was taken to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital after a vehicle rollover in the 6700 block of West Ryan Road at 8:40 p.m. Jan. 16.
17A vehicle's rear window was smashed while at Schwan's, 9740 S. 58th St., between 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Jan. 13.
18The Franklin Fire and Police departments responded to a report of an industrial oven fire at Premier Plastics, 9680 S. Oakwood Park Drive, at 8:03 p.m. Jan. 13. The building was evacuated and the fire was contained to the oven itself. The damage estimate was not available at the time of the report.
19A 42-year-old man was arrested for a probation violation and filing a false police report after he called the Franklin Police Department at 2:15 a.m. Jan. 17 claiming his 2004 Dodge Durango had been stolen from his driveway. Before he made the report, police had received a report that a Durango was in a ditch in the 2900 block of West Puetz Road. The man was arrested after police saw footprints leading from the vehicle toward the man's home in the 8500 block of South 35th Street.
20A 62-year-old man was arrested for passing a fraudulent prescription at CVS Pharmacy, 5220 W. Rawson Ave., at 4:45 p.m. Jan. 18.
· Franklin police assisted with two rescue calls and one fire call between Jan. 13 and Jan. 20.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: April 9, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 19, 2015 issue