$300 was stolen from a locked apartment in the 3300 block of West College Avenue between 4:45 p.m. Dec. 18 and 9:30 a.m. Dec. 19. There were no signs of forced entry.
A resident in the 11400 block of West Balboa Street reported at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 19 that his identity was stolen and eight fraudulent debit card transactions totaling $703 were made between Dec. 17 and 18.
A 24-year-old Oak Creek woman was arrested for shoplifting a $25 headlight and $13 of toys at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 11:55 a.m. Dec. 20.
$3 in change was stolen from the console of a locked car at Great Clips, 7237 S. 76th St., between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17. The thief smashed the driver-side window to gain entry.
A resident in the 8000 block of South 55th Street reported that an identity theft diverted $1,585 from his electronically deposited Social Security payment Dec. 19.
An 18-year-old man came to the police station to report he was physically assaulted by an 18-year-old Franklin man in the 8900 block of South 116th Street prior to 3:40 p.m. Dec. 20. The victim refused medical transport for his injuries. Police are questioning the suspect.
A 26-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and shoplifting at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 9:50 a.m. Dec. 19.
An associate principal at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st St., called police after two students heard a former student make inappropriate statements about the mass shooting in Newtown at their place of employment Dec. 18. Officers interviewed the former student, a 21-year-old man, who admitted alluding to the incident but claimed he was being sarcastic and never intended to harm anyone. He was advised to use better judgment when commenting on sensitive incidents.
A 20-year-old man reported a soiled condom was left on the windshield of his car in the 7700 block of South 83rd Street on Dec. 19. The man stated he was visiting friends who lived near his ex-girlfriend's house, but had no proof she was involved in the incident.
A resident in the 6700 block of South North Cape Road called police after an unknown man attempted to take items off his property prior to 2 p.m. Dec. 19. The caller told police there was junk by the road, but the man came onto his property to remove more. The man left after the caller confronted him and an extra patrol was requested in the area.
Franklin police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with one rescue call between Dec. 17 and Dec. 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue