A 53-year-old Franklin woman was killed when the motorcycle she was riding on was rear-ended by a car on North Cape Road and Forest Home Avenue at 1:50 p.m. July 28.
The victim, Anne Dillig, was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by her husband, Randy Dillig, 57, when they were struck from behind by a car driven by a 61-year-old woman.
After the impact, Anne Dillig was ejected from the motorcycle, driven over, dragged and trapped under the striking vehicle until it was lifted off her by passersby who stopped to assist.
She was transported to Froedtert Hospital by the Franklin Fire Department, where she was pronounced dead at 2:32 p.m.
The fatal accident is under review and no citations have been issued.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin man uses bike to hike Alzheimer's awareness
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Debate over Franklin trail name proves less than poetic
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- New theater group raises the curtain in Franklin
- Community Calendar: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to freeze tax levy, anticipates slight tax rate decrease
- Dispute over Franklin mayor's appointees leave Economic Development Commission stranded
- Many eyes take in Rock's hilly haunted attraction in Franklin