A 53-year-old Franklin woman was killed when the motorcycle she was riding on was rear-ended by a car on North Cape Road and Forest Home Avenue at 1:50 p.m. July 28.
The victim, Anne Dillig, was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by her husband, Randy Dillig, 57, when they were struck from behind by a car driven by a 61-year-old woman.
After the impact, Anne Dillig was ejected from the motorcycle, driven over, dragged and trapped under the striking vehicle until it was lifted off her by passersby who stopped to assist.
She was transported to Froedtert Hospital by the Franklin Fire Department, where she was pronounced dead at 2:32 p.m.
The fatal accident is under review and no citations have been issued.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin, Greendale students speak with officials about youth tobacco prevention
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting