A 53-year-old Franklin woman was killed when the motorcycle she was riding on was rear-ended by a car on North Cape Road and Forest Home Avenue at 1:50 p.m. July 28.
The victim, Anne Dillig, was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by her husband, Randy Dillig, 57, when they were struck from behind by a car driven by a 61-year-old woman.
After the impact, Anne Dillig was ejected from the motorcycle, driven over, dragged and trapped under the striking vehicle until it was lifted off her by passersby who stopped to assist.
She was transported to Froedtert Hospital by the Franklin Fire Department, where she was pronounced dead at 2:32 p.m.
The fatal accident is under review and no citations have been issued.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 11
- Innovative teen creates VitalPak for his diabetes
- Janet Evans the top choice for Franklin District 4 alderman
- Development, budgets on candidates' minds
- Taylor, Evans vie for 4th District aldermanic seat
- Saber Stadium Project moves to finish in fall in Franklin
- Sentry site proposed for community center use in Franklin
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners