Police investigating assault at Franklin motel
Franklin - A 48-year-old woman called police after she was allegedly urinated on and beaten by a man she was drinking with at the Park Motel, 7273 S. 27th St., on Dec. 8.
According to Franklin police:
Officers responded to the Park Motel shortly after 5 a.m. Dec. 9 after receiving a call from a woman who stated she had been beaten by a man she met on Saturday afternoon.
The victim told police she and the suspect, known only to her as "Mike something," decided to go to the Park Motel after they met at the Walmart bus stop on Saturday afternoon. While in a room they began drinking heavily, she said, and the suspect told her he wanted to have intercourse. After the victim refused to have sex the suspect urinated on her and then punched her in the right eye. She also told police the suspect took $120 from her before leaving the motel.
The victim suffered a black eye and a bruise on her right ring finger during the assault. Police noted she was still highly intoxicated when she was transported to the hospital at 6 a.m.
The victim described the suspect as a 48-year-old man. She stated she had never seen him before meeting him at the bus stop and could give police no other information about him.
The 48-year-old victim is the second woman allegedly assaulted and robbed at a Franklin motel within a week. On Dec. 2, a 30-year-old woman was beaten and robbed at gunpoint at the Skyway Motel. The investigations into both incidents are ongoing.
Burglary suspect runs out of shoes fleeing police
Greendale - Police are seeking an unknown man for questioning in an apparent burglary attempt at a Greendale elementary school during the early morning hours of Dec. 4.
According to the Greendale police log:
Officers responded to Highland View Elementary School, 5900 S. 51st St., after a burglary alarm sounded in the north lower level at 1:15 a.m. Dec. 4. Upon arriving at the scene police noticed a window was broken at the school and observed an unknown man walking on West Ramsey near South 51st Street. When an officer attempted to question the subject he fled, running out of his blue Adidas shoes and down a pathway into a wooded area.
The possible suspect is described as a male wearing a black jacket with a fur-lined hood. The canine unit was brought in to check the area but the suspect could not be located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rock announces July Fourth celebration plans
- Sink or Swim: Franklin girl fights through early stages of a cancer diagnosis (1)
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin residents voice concerns about potential sidewalks
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Forest Park Middle School named school of distinction, merit
- Public Forum: Franklin has poor track record on taking action
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- In name of beer, volunteers lend a hand at Franklin's Hunger Task Force Farm
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied