Oak Creek - Police are investigating the theft of cash from two adjacent businesses in the 8500 block of South Howell Avenue between 9 a.m. Nov. 12 and 11 a.m. Nov. 13.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
During that timeframe, about $600 was taken from the cash drawer at Mailtruck Model A Ford Parts and a cash drawer containing $200 was taken from Cutest Kids consignment store. There was an unsecured access point between the two businesses.
Officers found pry marks on a door connecting the consignment store to WJ Kuhn, but nothing was reported missing from either WJ Kuhn or HK Graphics, which also is in the same building.
The front entry doors to both businesses were secured, and there were no signs of forced entry.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin school tries quiet-time approach at lunch hour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 2
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Franklin mayor recommends municipal tax levy freeze in 2015 budget
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- 'The Hill Has Eyes' haunted attraction to return for third season at The Rock
- Adult Health & Wellness Day held today, free blood pressure screenings offered
- Area school districts Exceed Expectations on DPI report cards
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Video: Franklin students drop the textbook, pick up the Chromebook