Oak Creek - Police are investigating the theft of cash from two adjacent businesses in the 8500 block of South Howell Avenue between 9 a.m. Nov. 12 and 11 a.m. Nov. 13.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
During that timeframe, about $600 was taken from the cash drawer at Mailtruck Model A Ford Parts and a cash drawer containing $200 was taken from Cutest Kids consignment store. There was an unsecured access point between the two businesses.
Officers found pry marks on a door connecting the consignment store to WJ Kuhn, but nothing was reported missing from either WJ Kuhn or HK Graphics, which also is in the same building.
The front entry doors to both businesses were secured, and there were no signs of forced entry.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin, Greendale students speak with officials about youth tobacco prevention
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting