Oak Creek - A South Milwaukee man was arrested after he threatened a woman with a knife while she walked her dogs in the 8300 block of South Chicago Road about 5:50 p.m. Sunday, Oak Creek police said.
According to the police report:
The woman was able to flag down a squad car and told the officer the man unfolded the knife in front of her, told her to keep moving several times and kept staring at her for no reason.
The officer found the man, a 41-year-old South Milwaukee man, walking northbound on Chicago Avenue. The officer asked him to put his hands up for a weapons search, but the man refused. The officer then drew his gun, and the man responded by making a sign of the cross and asking the officer to shoot him.
An officer shocked the man with a stun gun, which barely fazed him, and after several more warnings officers released K-9 Bronco, who tackled him to the ground. Officers were then able to arrest the man and secure the knife he had in his possession.
The man later told officers he drew the knife on the woman because he doesn't like dogs.
The Oak Creek Fire Department took him to St. Luke South Shore for treatment and evaluation, and he was later taken to the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue