Oak Creek - A South Milwaukee man was arrested after he threatened a woman with a knife while she walked her dogs in the 8300 block of South Chicago Road about 5:50 p.m. Sunday, Oak Creek police said.
According to the police report:
The woman was able to flag down a squad car and told the officer the man unfolded the knife in front of her, told her to keep moving several times and kept staring at her for no reason.
The officer found the man, a 41-year-old South Milwaukee man, walking northbound on Chicago Avenue. The officer asked him to put his hands up for a weapons search, but the man refused. The officer then drew his gun, and the man responded by making a sign of the cross and asking the officer to shoot him.
An officer shocked the man with a stun gun, which barely fazed him, and after several more warnings officers released K-9 Bronco, who tackled him to the ground. Officers were then able to arrest the man and secure the knife he had in his possession.
The man later told officers he drew the knife on the woman because he doesn't like dogs.
The Oak Creek Fire Department took him to St. Luke South Shore for treatment and evaluation, and he was later taken to the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Rock Sports Complex in Franklin launches summer concert series
- Franklin students turns lemons into cancer research
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK (1)
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries