Oak Creek - Police arrested a 19-year-old Milwaukee man Nov. 14 in connection with the robbery of a man he met through Craigslist on Oct. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 19-year-old arranged to meet a 24-year-old Milwaukee man in an unlit area at the entrance of Hy-View Mobile Home Park, 2539 W. Carroll Ave., the evening of Oct. 26. He said he was interested in buying two iPhones the older man had posted for sale on Craigslist.com.
While they were talking, three men walked toward the 24-year-old, one of them holding a club. One of the men yelled, "I'm gonna get you (expletive)," and the man got in his car and headed south on Interstate 94, with the others in pursuit.
The 24-year-old called the supposed buyer during the pursuit to ask him for an explanation as to why he stole his iPhones. The teen replied, "We will get you." The man exited the freeway on Rawson Avenue and the others continued driving south on I-94.
Oak Creek police have forwarded information regarding the arrest to the Milwaukee Police Department, which is investigating a similar incident that occurred in Milwaukee earlier the same day.
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Alanna Koehler opens up about daughter's cancer diagnosis
- Video: Brittany Norris finds out she has cancer
- Grease fire damages oven at Franklin bakery
- Five places to go to let your dog off the leash this summer
- Reptile Day returns June 12 at Wehr Nature Center
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- 'Bow Tie,' deer illegally hunted in Wauwatosa, finally returns home
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 19, 2016 issue