Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners are fired up for holiday
Four communities offer a full schedule of events
The upcoming holiday is filled with fireworks, parades and more in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners.
In fact, two of the communities have extended the holiday weekend to a fourth day with festive events planned for Thursday, July 3.
Here's a summary of Independence Day activities, including those that fall on days other than July 4.
· Parade: 9 a.m. Friday, July 4, starting at Groveland Drive and Shepard Avenue. It will wind its way through the city and end at the American Legion Post 434. There will be games, a bike and buggy decorating contest and free ice cream for the kids following the conclusion of the parade. There will be a limited supply of corn the cob and baked potatoes for purchase at the Upper Legion Grounds, S. Shepard Ave.
· Fireworks: dusk July 4, fireworks at East Middle School, 9330 S. Shepard Ave.
· Festival: 5 p.m. to midnight July 3. It starts the three-day Civic Celebration with live entertainment, complete with carnival rides and an arm wrestling contest at Lions Legend Park, 8717 W. Drexel Ave.
· Parade and fireworks: 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. July 4. The second day of the festival begins with a parade starting at West Loomis Rd. and Forest Hill Ave. and proceeds north on Loomis, turning right on Drexel to Lions Legend Park. The fun continues into the afternoon with live, local entertainment and carnival rides, ending the day with fireworks at dusk.
· Final day of the festival: noon to 11:30 p.m. July 5. It ends the weekend with more carnival rides and live entertainment from Doo-Wop Daddies Band, Thunderbolt DJ Show and Cold Sweat and The Brew City Horns.
· Festival kick off: 7 to 11 p.m. July 3. It starts the three-day festival with a musical performance by Cold Sweat & Brew City Horns at the Gazebo in downtown Greendale, 5710 Broad St.
· Parade: 10 a.m. July 4. Following the parade, the Greendale Lions Club will serve food and beverages while providing musical entertainment in the tent next to the gazebo throughout the day. Fireworks will launch at dusk across from Greendale High School, 6801 Southway.
· Final festival performances: noon to 3 p.m. July 5. Finishing the festival are musical performances by Ed Franks as Frank Sinatra, Jackie Brown & the Boys and Rhythm Method.
· Parade: July 4. There is a new parade route due to construction. The parade will begin at Grange Avenue and travel southwest on Forest Home Avenue and ending at Kelm Road.
· Fireworks: dusk July 4. They take place at Hales Corners Park, 5765 New Berlin Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin residents voice concenrs about potential sidewalks
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Forest Park Middle School named school of distinction, merit
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- In name of beer, volunteers lend a hand at Franklin's Hunger Task Force Farm
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied
- Franklin police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Pizano's looks to open frozen pizza factory in Franklin
- Summer road construction projects dig in deep in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners