NOW Newspapers, publisher of Hales Corners-Franklin-Greendale-Oak Creek NOW and seven other suburban weekly newspapers, was presented with 22 awards Friday at the Wisconsin Newspaper Association annual convention in Madison.
The Better Newspapers Contest recognizes the top journalism in the state. Eligible entries were published between Sept. 1, 2011, and Aug. 31, 2012.
Hales Corners-Franklin-Greendale-Oak Creek NOW reporter Peter Bukowski won a second-place award in the Spot News category, designer Matt Newman won a first in Front Page Design and a third in Feature Page Design, and photographer Peter Zuzga won a first for Photo Essay.
NOW Newspapers also won:
Continuing Web Coverage, second, South Shore NOW
Feature Photo, first, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW
Web Special Project, first, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW
Front Page Design, second, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW; second, North Shore NOW
Overall Page Design, second, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW and Muskego-New Berlin NOW
Sports Feature Story, second, Germantown-Menomonee Falls NOW; third, Greenfield-West Allis NOW
Web Special Project, first and second, Wauwatosa NOW; third, Germantown-Menomonee Falls NOW
Sports News Story, second; Muskego-New Berlin NOW
Local Sports Column, first, North Shore NOW
Spot News Photo, second, North Shore NOW
Sports Photo, second, North Shore NOW
Continuing Web Coverage, third, North Shore NOW
General Web Excellence, first, Wauwatosa NOW
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin recall candidates sound off on dysfunction, development, goals (1)
- Reiman Chapel in Franklin to host blessing, tour for public
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Public Forum: Janet Evans deserves to finish her term (1)
- Fire destroys garage in Franklin
- Southwest Symphony tries to get suburbia into tune
- Franklin police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015