Oak Creek hires new fire chief from within department
Oak Creek - The Police and Fire Commission has appointed Thomas Rosandich the city's fire chief.
Rosandich comes to the position with more than 33 years with the Oak Creek Fire Department. He began as a paid-on-call firefighter in 1979 and progressed in his career to the ranks of full-time firefighter, lieutenant, and assistant fire chief. Most recently, he served as acting fire chief upon the retirement of the former fire chief, Brian Satula.
Hales Corners library sets holiday, summer hours
Hales Corners - The Hales Corners Public Library, 5885 S. 116th St., will be closed May 27 and May 28 in observance of Memorial Day.
Summer hours will begin May 29. During summer, the library will be open 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
The library will be closed on Sundays.
Ballet Folklorico visits Hales Corners Elementary
Hales Corners Elementary School is hosting Artist in Residence Jesus Avila, the director of Ballet Folklorico.
Avila is teaching the students about Mexican culture through music and dance. Each grade level is learning a different Mexican dance.
The students will perform their dances with the Ballet Folklorico at 6 p.m. May 17 in the Whitnall High School gym, 5000 S. 116th St., Greenfield.
This will be a free show sponsored by the school PTO.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 18, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: April 23, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015 issue