Franklin podiatrist named to examining board
Franklin - Podiatrist William Weis has been appointed to the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board-Podiatrists Affiliated Credentialing Board.
Weis, who practices podiatric medicine and surgery in Oak Creek and Racine, was appointed by Gov. Scott Walker. The board ensures the safe and competent practice of podiatric medicine.
Weis has been in private practice since 1990. He is board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and is a founding fellow of the College of Certified Wound Specialists.
Franklin schools holding second facilities workshop
Franklin - Franklin Public School District residents are invited to the second facilities planning workshop at 6 p.m. March 19 in the cafeteria of Forest Park Middle School, 8225 W. Forest Hill Ave.
At the workshop, residents will be able to review a series of preliminary solutions developed at the first facilities planning meeting, held Feb. 20. Central themes at that meeting included moving the sixth grade to Forest Park Middle School, providing more space at Franklin High School to accommodate growth, improving athletic and performing arts spaces for student and community use, and addressing traffic and parking issues at both spaces.
Police heighten drunken driving enforcement
Franklin - Franklin police is stepping up its safety belt and drunken driving enforcement during the St. Patrick's Day holiday period.
The Franklin department, in conjunction with the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force, is intensifying its enforcement through March 18.
The increased enforcement is made possible by a grant the Franklin Police Department received from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety.
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 14, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 31, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 24, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 17, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 3, 2016
- News & Notes: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015