Franklin podiatrist named to examining board
Franklin - Podiatrist William Weis has been appointed to the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board-Podiatrists Affiliated Credentialing Board.
Weis, who practices podiatric medicine and surgery in Oak Creek and Racine, was appointed by Gov. Scott Walker. The board ensures the safe and competent practice of podiatric medicine.
Weis has been in private practice since 1990. He is board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and is a founding fellow of the College of Certified Wound Specialists.
Franklin schools holding second facilities workshop
Franklin - Franklin Public School District residents are invited to the second facilities planning workshop at 6 p.m. March 19 in the cafeteria of Forest Park Middle School, 8225 W. Forest Hill Ave.
At the workshop, residents will be able to review a series of preliminary solutions developed at the first facilities planning meeting, held Feb. 20. Central themes at that meeting included moving the sixth grade to Forest Park Middle School, providing more space at Franklin High School to accommodate growth, improving athletic and performing arts spaces for student and community use, and addressing traffic and parking issues at both spaces.
Police heighten drunken driving enforcement
Franklin - Franklin police is stepping up its safety belt and drunken driving enforcement during the St. Patrick's Day holiday period.
The Franklin department, in conjunction with the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force, is intensifying its enforcement through March 18.
The increased enforcement is made possible by a grant the Franklin Police Department received from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 18, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: April 23, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015 issue