Oak Creek-Franklin increases lunch costs
The Oak Creek-Franklin School Board decided June 11 to increase lunch prices by 10 cents for the 2012-2013 school year.
Board member Sheryl Cerniglia said this decision was based on a recently done audit.
"The audit showed that we needed to increase, and we haven't increased prices in four years," Cerniglia said. "Our schools still maintain one of the lowest lunch rates around."
The prices are currently $1.70 for elementary, $1.80 and up for middle schools and high schools, and $2.80 for adults. The price increases will begin in September.
The board also approved three new textbooks for the high schools, a textbook for kindergarten through fifth-grade students, and the novel "The Help" for high school English 3 courses.
The next Oak Creek-Franklin School Board meeting will be at 6 p.m. July 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- News & Notes: August 28, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 3, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: June 12, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: May 22
- News & Notes: May 15 issue
- News & Notes: May 8 issue
- News & Notes: April 29
- News & Notes: April 24
- News & Notes: April 17
- News & Notes: April 10
- News & Notes: April 3