Oak Creek-Franklin increases lunch costs
The Oak Creek-Franklin School Board decided June 11 to increase lunch prices by 10 cents for the 2012-2013 school year.
Board member Sheryl Cerniglia said this decision was based on a recently done audit.
"The audit showed that we needed to increase, and we haven't increased prices in four years," Cerniglia said. "Our schools still maintain one of the lowest lunch rates around."
The prices are currently $1.70 for elementary, $1.80 and up for middle schools and high schools, and $2.80 for adults. The price increases will begin in September.
The board also approved three new textbooks for the high schools, a textbook for kindergarten through fifth-grade students, and the novel "The Help" for high school English 3 courses.
The next Oak Creek-Franklin School Board meeting will be at 6 p.m. July 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- News & Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: June 18, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: April 23, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 5, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014 issue