Police to purchase digital-compatible radios
Franklin - The Franklin Police Department will purchase new digital-compatible mobile and portable radios at a cost of about $238,000.
The Common Council on Aug. 7 approved the purchase from the city's Capital Improvement Projects fund. Due to a shortfall in the fund, however, the approval also required the transfer of $220,000 from the city's fund balance to the CIP fund.
Finance Director and Treasurer Cal Patterson said that the shortfall in the CIP fund was caused by lower than projected landfill siting revenues in 2012. Landfill siting revenue was initially projected to reach $427,000 in 2012, but that number is now more likely to be about $209,000, according to a memo from Patterson.
The Police Department will purchase 63 digital portable and squad radios to accommodate Milwaukee County's transition from analog to digital radio systems, to occur in January 2013.
City to select consultant to handle quarry monitoring
Franklin - The Franklin Common Council will soon select a consultant to handle quarry monitoring services within the city.
The Common Council on Aug. 7 discussed the proposals received by the city for the services, which would include monitoring related to blasting, air quality and site visits.
City Administrator Mark Luberda said that staff is recommending awarding a contract to Stantec based on the proposal they submitted. However, he added that at a cost of about $159,000, Stantec's proposal - along with another from SCS BT Squared, with an estimated cost of $91,800 - significantly exceeds the $42,000 the city has appropriated for the expense.
Luberda said the initial request for a broader scope of services was intentional, so as to provide the city with the necessary information to determine the breadth of services that could be offered for what the city is willing to pay.
Aldermen indicated they would not support spending beyond the $42,000 budgeted for the services, voting to table the item to allow staff to identify a narrowed scope of services and negotiate a contract within the budgeted amount.
- News & Notes: June 23, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: June 16, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: June 9, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: June 2, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 14, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 31, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 24, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 17, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 3, 2016
- News & Notes: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015